Apple recently released a third public beta of iOS 13 the day after fourth developer beta was launched yesterday. Apple said that the purpose of public beta testing is to enhance security and provide better use interface experience with ton of features. Nevertheless, here is instructions on how to install the iOS public beta on your iphone.
Should you install the iOS 13 Public Beta?
Currently, it is tough to recommend the iOS 13 public beta. Because there is still quite a few bugs and performance issues that needs to be ironed out. Some of Apple devices like HomePods and AirPods suffers from audio playback. You also will face some apps that are not compatible with the iOS 13 public beta as they haven’t updated to the latest version yet.
However, if you are curious to see what the iOS 13 public beta has to offer. There are a lot of features that are being introduced and installing it is your best option. Below is a completed and detailed guide on how to install it on your iPhone or iPod touch.
How to Update your iPhone to iOS 13:
First of all, you need to check to make sure your iPhone can run iOS 13 version. Here is a rundown of all Apple devices that can run it:
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPod touch (7th generation)
However, if you do not see your device on the list. It is unlikely you will be able to run the iOS 13 in public beta form or even when it releases in September.
Next Step: Installing iOS 13 on your iPhone:
If you see the list and find that your device is supported by iOS 13. Here is how you can install it on your Apple device today:
- Head over to Apple’s Beta Software Program via Safari on your iPhone.
- Sign in, if you are not a member, select Sign up and enter your Apple ID information. Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Tap enroll your devices link and be sure you are on the iOS tab of the interface.
- Apple will recommend that you perform backup using iTunes. This isn’t required, but I strongly recommend if you want to save your data.
- Scroll to the install profile section and select download profile.
- Once you approve the download, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- You should see the message saying that you have a profile ready to be installed on the top. Tap that and install the profile as seen in the screenshot above.
- Your iPhone will restart to complete the installation progress.
- Once your iPhone restarted, navigate to Settings > General > Software Update. You will see a new update that says iOS 13 is ready to be installed.
After you followed these steps for installing the iOS 13 public beta on your iPhone. You will be able to get updates over the air just like you would for any iOS versions. Expect to get updates roughly every two weeks until September. Have you installed the latest iOS 13 public beta yet? Let us know what your experience and views about it by commenting below.