Recent leaks of DJI Inspire 3 surfaced last week, although these are rough draft of how the upcoming DJI Inspire 3 drone is likely going to look like. Since DJI released Inspire 2, a premium camera drone for professionals, in 2016 after the original one made its debut in 2014. It is time for DJI to introduce Inspire 3 and expand the Inspire family line.
Last time DJI released a major consumer drone was back in August 2018 with Mavic 2 drones. However, drone enthusiasts are wondering when DJI will release a new drone this year. In this year timeframe, DJI has already launched Osmo Action, Ronin SC and Robomaster S1 Tank. While they are certainly a nice addition, we are curious if DJI have plans for their next drones.
However, it is unlikely that DJI will release a new drone this year due to the fact that their upcoming drones needs to be integrated with AirSense technology by 2020. It is possible that they might release a mini-size drone in 2019 but it certainly won’t be something major. But, because there are rumors going on about possibility of DJI Inspire 3 being introduce in 2020. There is no specific time-frame of how early or late it will be released in 2020. We managed to scourge on the internet and found specifications, rumors and leaks to share with you about this new drone that DJI claims is in development phase.
DJI Inspire 3 Rumors & Leaks
Even though there isn’t that much information floating around about the DJI Inspire 3. There is a confirmation from DJI stating that the Inspire 3 is in development. Recent leaked images of rough Inspire 3 design is being shown on the Internet. Which led to several people believing that this drone is the new Inspire 3. This drone seems to be very likely of carrying 6K UHD camera that can deliver RAW format.
Below, you will find the specifications that are estimated and predictions for Inspire 3. These are what we hope to see on the new drone. However, if these specifications turns out to be true, it is likely you won’t be able to capture better aerial shots compared to the Phantom series. Keep it in your mind that these specifications is far out from being confirmed. Let’s find out what the specifications we hope to see for this drone:
Specifications for DJI Inspire 3 Drone:
- Improved flight time up to 30 minutes.
- Improved control distance up to 5 miles to 10 miles.
- Better propulsion force for higher maximum flight speed.
- More intelligent flight modes to choose from for various cinematic shots.
- Better camera quality with the ability to shoot at 6K UHD Raw format.
- Lightweight and compact — obviously this will be the biggest design challenge. DJI can tackle this by making the battery stronger and compact to reduce weight. A strong battery will also be able to provide more power at less consumption.
- 360-degree obstacle avoidance radar that provides drone full protection against objects and the like.
- Better connectivity for reliability.
- Upgraded ActiveTrack 3.0, the current system on Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Zoom is good but DJI can take the step further by incorporating more advanced algorithm that intelligently projects the movement and improves accuracy tracking function.
- Color options: Currently you are limited to Sliver and Black for Inspire 2. DJI can offer more color choices to drone operators by adding chromium sliver, black, white and even popular colors like red and blue.
How DJI will address Price & Release Date for Inspire 3?
Currently it is unknown how DJI plans to price the upcoming Inspire 3 drone. The price tag for Inspire 2 drone is around $3,000 and that comes with a 4K UHD camera that captures video at 60 FPS. The new DJI Inspire 3 drone could well come with 6K UHD camera that captures video at 60 FPS and most likely will be priced between $4,000 to $5,000 considering these specifications and upgrades it will be coming with.
As of now, the release date is tentatively slated for 2020. DJI hasn’t announced when it will be coming out but because the drone is in development phase. Which only means it is possible that the new drone will be ready for release next year. If these specifications that are stated above turns out to be true, it will make the Inspire 3 the top dog of all drones in consumer market.
But don’t expect DJI to price Inspire 3 drone so lightly because the upgrades means the Inspire 3 will be far superior to its predecessor. What do you think of DJI Inspire 3 drone that the industry is working on? Share your thoughts and views with us by commenting below.